Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Ready To Go!

A while ago I was bit by the travel bug, and since then I've had a hard time staying in one place for very long. Just a few weekends ago I was in Kansas City, and few summers ago I was China. As you can imagine I am more than excited about spending 3 weeks in South Africa. I'm also excited about having this blog because sometimes when I travel I get so caught up in everything I'm experiencing that I forget to let people back home know what I'm up to or that I'm okay. It's actually an assignment that I post at least twice a week (I'll probably do more than that) so check in often and see what I'm up to. From the meetings we've had so far and talking with some friends of mine who have already gone, there are so many things I can wait to see and do.

I'll be traveling with 14 other students also in the leadership minor. My roommates are Kelsey and Chelsey and were staying at the Riverview Lodge in Cape Town. Here's a URL: http://riverview.co.za/accommodation/ As it gets closer to the date I get more and more excited! I'll be celebrating my 20th birthday on the plane high in the sky and also a little bit in the Amsterdam airport, which I've heard really great things about! I'm planning on documenting my trip and making a video out of it so everyone has that to look forward to. All I have left, apart from packing, that I need to make sure I do is open a delta SkyMiles account so I get points for the flight.

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page. ~St. Augustine